Kelsey Herrick Design is here to inspire or manage your design project. Contact Kelsey for a inspiring consultation.
Full Service Interior Design
Assistance with Remodel
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of my frequently asked questions. If you don’t see your question, reach out and contact me in the link below.
What size projects does Kelsey Herrick Design LLC work with?
We work with projects of all sizes from small bathroom remodels to whole home remodels where the client requires help with lighting, furnishings, and material selection.
What areas do you serve?
We are located in Walnut Creek and primarily serve the surrounding East Bay areas including: Berkeley, Lafayette, San Ramon, Pleasanton, Brentwood, all areas in between and more.
How does Kelsey Herrick Design LLC work with clients to achieve their dream space?
Kelsey believes it is important for everyone to have their “dream space” and that dream will be different for each individual. Kelsey takes time to get to know her clients and provides them with a design exercise to complete before the project begins. By reviewing the design exercise together, Kelsey obtains a better understanding of the individual and/or couple’s design aesthetics. She provides a few new layout options for the space and recommends furniture pieces based on the client’s budget.
Why hire Kelsey Herrick Design LLC for your next home remodeling or refresh project?
Kelsey not only brings years of design experience and knowledge to the table, but also fresh ideas and a designer’s eye that provides a creative perspective on the potentials for the space
What range of services does Kelsey Herrick Design LLC provide?
- Color consultation for interior and/or exterior residential spaces.
- Material selection for remodels including flooring, cabinetry, countertops, tile, wall treatments, etc.
- Assessment of overall layout to improve flow and functionality of the space(s).
- Recommendations for new furniture, such as: sectional or sofa, rugs, tables, and chairs.
- Addition of finishing touches to a “mostly there” space such as: lighting, art, mirrors, décor, pillows, linens, window treatments, etc.
- Coordination with custom cabinet and furniture makers to design a beautiful custom piece for the home.
- Collaboration with re-finishers and upholsterers to bring new life into old pieces.
- Development of an overall design and furniture selection for short or long-term rentals.
- Assistance for new home buyers in turning their new house into their dream home.
Does Kelsey Herrick Design LLC work on commercial projects?
While we focus mostly on residential homes, we have worked on some light commercial projects too, including: The Mare Island golf course clubhouse, Salt Craft restaurant in Pleasanton, Kildara HOA pool area bathrooms & shower in Dublin, and the GoSeek travel site office in San Francisco. If you are looking for a personal touch to your place of business, Kelsey Herrick Design LLC may be able to help!
What is the design process when working with Kelsey Herrick Design LLC?
Kelsey has adopted a process that she learned from her mentor, Kristina Wolf. She believes that everyone has their own voice, as do their homes. Finding that balance between everyone (and everything) is a challenge that Kelsey happily accepts. She determines her client’s design style by asking them to participate in a design exercise. After reviewing the exercise with her clients and touring the space, she will then make recommendations that reflect what she has learned about the clients and their home. In the end, this results in a harmonious balance within the home and a beautifully designed space that is a reflection of the client’s wants and needs.