At the beginning of the year we had the opportunity to attend our annual trip to discover what’s new and exciting in interior Design at the Las Vegas Market. The Market is the internationally known trade show for design professionals. It is three days long and includes 600+ permanent showrooms and nearly 400 temporary exhibits that feature the latest trends, inspo and pro resources in the industry. And every year I create time in my schedule to attend, because attending helps us be an even better resource to our clients. Here are some of the things we experienced in this year’s show:
- One of the best parts of the market is visiting my favorite vendors to see what’s new and learn about new opportunities to collaborate. By attending the show and connecting or reconnecting with vendors, it helps me create and continue relationships and I then am able to pass on those benefits to my clients.
- A huge goal of attending the market is to keep up to date with trends in interior design. The showrooms and exhibits help me to not only stay on trend but help plan for the future. When I work with my clients, I want to make sure a space is reflective of what they love while incorporating style that will be a welcome addition for a long time not just a passing fad for a season. And one trend that I don’t think is going to go away for a while is the incorporation of textures into home design. Incorporating texture can take a classic piece of furniture or rug and instantly refresh an entire space.
- Sensory – examine the quality of textiles, wallpaper, fixtures, flooring, and test furniture
- Kelsey loves looking at lighting to see the design, period and influences of the past. It can change a whole room
- The market can be overwhelming because it is truly enormous, taking in the thousands of square feet of seasonal and permanent exhibitions. But in the end, it’s a source of endless inspiration that I look forward to every year.
Kelsey Herrick is the founder and lead designer for her company Kelsey Herrick Design, LLC. Kelsey is passionate about using her experience as a interior designer to create a space you love. Kelsey is known for her creative utilization of space, use of rich colors and textures, and problem solving skills. Contact Kelsey Herrick to learn more.
KHD Walnut Creek Studio
1547 Palos Verdes Mall
Walnut Creek, CA 94597